Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Recently got into G-Dragon, he's got some very colorful music videos and cover artwork that is a color explosion in your face in a good way most of the time.

Isn't it weird the way people still have found new ways to make use of Apple's little White objects and dark shadowy people stuff. The Marvel thing is another example of using Apple's I-Pod white and black. I've seen so many things from a priest's prayer bead turned into earphones called I-Prayer to other weird stuff I completely forgot the details of.

For the Disney stuff, it looks like traditional art (not sure if it is) with the colors swirling together to make amazing images. This is the one thing I can never achieve. The watery color look each piece has is something I can't do both using traditional and digital. For all I know it could've been done digitally 'cause I caught a glimpse of a Tron poster (done by Matt) and it had the same feel as these posters yet he did his in Photoshop!!! I have to master this traditional looking digital artwork that everyone seems to know how to do!

Kdramas - Long standing obsession with the dramas coming out of Korea. The posters they make are just so eye catching and overly dramatic (by dramatic I mean dramatic! NOT like the posters here in the US where you got a large variety of styles - I think I would categorize Kdrama posters into three styles) that I couldn't help but try to imitate them. Which turned out disastrous... enough said about that.

The angry child with his wild firey colors surrounding him and the cool color mother with hues of blue was quite interesting to see this past Sunday during the primary kids' lesson time. The illustration is simple enough for the little ones to understand what is going on even though almost all of them couldn't read the words. I want to try making little illustrations for my lessons that are easy for the little ones to understand.

 For the Star Wars poster, I saw (at the Portfolio Review convention in Santa Fe this past spring) some similarly textured and color toned posters for Marvel characters (Venom, Captain America, Thor) and they really caught my attention. I wanted to just snatch the tiny thumbnails cause it looked so interesting and I kind of adore the strange textures (cause I tried doing the same thing several times and have only succeed once - sadly I lost the successful sample in my computer before it crashed.) Its amazing what textures can do to the colors.


 
 
 


Who doesn't like Beetlejuice! The colors in this poster are secondary colors so the work with one another very well to match the black illustrations.

Studio G made some really cute films (all of Hayao Miyazaki ones.) The variety of colors and textures is amazing!
The koi fish are simple yet interesting. Even the real life ones are fun to watch and try to draw.








Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Morgue - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -